Welcome to the second development update of QuantumCore.
The described changes reflect the changes between the 6th May (13e01749) and 18th May (d9a795bf).
Note: This blog post was not published before the 24th November.
The main change of this development update is the implementation of basic attacking (Merged !20). Currently we didn’t implemented 100% attack nor defense calculation, but basic functionality is in place.
- Monsters are chasing you
- Monsters are attacking you when they are in range
- Groups will target the player after first attack
- Monsters are targeting the player which dealt the most damage
- The player is able to die and respawn (town is currently respawning here too)
Look at the short video showing fighting, chasing and dying.
- Improvement to multithreaded implementation of networking (Merged !17)
- Better error handling in network thread (Merged !17)
- Randomize handshake (Closes #30, merged !19)
- Source Groups for Visual Studio
We like to welcome masodikbela to the team of maintainers.